To connect with our community, empowering and inspiring others to make wise financial decisions and beneficial life choices.
- Schedule an Event/Workshop
- Our Financial
- Upcoming Presentations
- Favorite Resource Websites
- Financial Aid
In the past year, our two financial educators completed over 497 presentations to 14,600 students in our area. Education Credit Union understands the importance of teaching students of all ages about personal finance. We have created our Smart Money financial literacy presentations for grades K-12, college, and adults, incorporating real world scenarios and activities into our lessons. We speak on a variety of different personal finance subjects including: banking, budgeting, credit, car buying, compound interest, saving, and other topics by request. We have flexible scheduling and would love to come speak to your class or group today! CLICK HERE to schedule and one of our financial educators will get in contact with you.
A former classroom teacher with a lifetime certification, Tricia is familiar with the demands of meeting Texas teaching standards. She makes sure that each financial presentation, kindergarten through high school, meets lesson design standards and is in alignment with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for financial literacy. She is fanatical about our students and understands the teacher’s heart!
Roman has worked at ECU since 2013. His ambitious personality and caring heart led him to be a financial educator. His mission is “to exceed in bringing the most useful education, in the most practical way, while always having fun”. He is zealous to go above and beyond for his community.
Colten is passionate about teaching members of the community ‘everything I wish I had known when I was younger’ about financial literacy. He is a local artist, as well. His academic yet dynamic presentation style blends engaging entertainment and useful information.
- 12/11/17: Avondale Elementary
- 12/12/17: Canyon Jr. High
- 12/13/17: Fannin Middle
- 12/15/17: Lakeview Elementary
- 12/18/17: South Lawn Elementary
- 12/19/17: Canyon Jr. High
- 01/05/18: Preparation for Adult Living
- 01/09/18: Gene Howe Elementary
- 01/12/18: Boy’s Ranch
- 01/12/18: AACAL
- 01/16/18: Hillside Elementary
- 01/16/18: Hillside Elementary Girl Scouts
- 01/17/18: Arden Road Elementary Girl Scouts
- 01/18/18: Genehowe Elementary Girl Scouts
- 01/19/18: City View Elementary Girl Scouts
- 01/22/18: Westover Park Jr. High
- 01/23/18: Tradewind Elementary
- 01/25/18: Caprock High
- 01/26/18: Reeves Hinger Elementary
- 01/29/18: Paramount Terrace Elementary
- 01/30/18: San Jacinto Elementary Girl Scouts
- 01/31/18: Glenwood Elementary Girl Scouts
- 02/01/18: Rolling Hills Elementary Girl Scouts
- 02/12/18: Sleepy Hollow Elementary ESD
- 02/26/18: Bivins Elementary
- 03/02/18: Crockett Middle
- 03/08/18: Oak Dale Elementary
- 03/23/18: Lawndale Elementary
- 04/03/18: Windsor Elementary
- 04/06/18: Westover Park Jr. High
- 04/09/18: Fannin Middle
- 04/10/18: Fannin Middle
- 04/17/18: South Georgia Elementary
- 04/19/18: Crestview Elementary
- 04/20/18: Forest Hill Elementary
- 04/23/18: Landergin Elementary
- 04/24/18: Westover Park Jr. High
Take a look at TG’s Financial Aid Toolkit for Students and Parents and see if it might be the very way to help your families complete the application and meet quickly approaching deadlines!
Send parents, students, teachers, and others in the circle of your seniors to the TG Financial Aid Toolkit so they do not miss out on aid that may be available to them. The TG Financial Aid Tool Kit is an all-in-one resource for educating parents and students in the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, and the Texas Application for State Financial Aid, or TASFA. The information guides students and parents through the applications. You’ll also find a comprehensive set of campaign materials for promoting the FAFSA and TG’s FAFSA Completion Search Tool to help you keep track of the number of your seniors who have completed the application.
In addition, TG operates the Texas Financial Aid Information Center, a toll free number to assist with any financial aid related question (FAFSA, TASFA, state aid, federal aid, etc). Counselors, educators, parents, and students can call 1.888.311.8881 M-Th 8-6 pm, F 8-5pm. Bilingual (Spanish) representatives are available.
What else can TG do to help? Email your suggestions to StudentFinancialEd@tgslc.org.