YOUR FINANCIAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED
LEARN MORE. LIVE MORE.
Can anyone in Amarillo join a credit union?
Not every credit union offers membership to anyone living in Amarillo. Depending on the credit union’s policies, membership may be granted by taking a variety of steps. Credit union’s typically offer benefits to their members for a variety of different reasons. Check with the credit union you are interested in to find out their membership qualifications.
Education Credit Union in Amarillo, TX offers membership to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- All employees of all public, private or parochial schools, colleges or universities.**
- All students of all public, private or parochial schools, colleges or universities.**
- All individuals holding a valid Texas teaching certificate
- Home schoolers.**
- Retirees receiving retirement or pension as a result of employment by any organization in the field of membership.
- Members of Canyon ISD Council PTA, Amarillo ISD Council PTA, WTAMU Alumni Association, and Bushland ISD Council PTA.
- Certified day-care workers in Potter and Randall counties.
- Spouses of eligible persons who died while in the field of membership.
- Employees of District 4 of the Texas Department of Transportation.*
- Any blood or legal relative of anyone who is eligible for membership.
- Anyone living, working, attending church, or school within 10 miles of any of our locations.
*Potter, Randall, Armstrong, Carson, Dallam, Sherman, Hansford, Ochiltree, Lipscomb, Hartley, Moore, Hutchinson, Roberts, Hemphill, Gray, Deaf Smith, Donley and Oldham
**Potter, Randall, Armstrong, Carson, Donley, Oldham, Texas are eligible for membership as well as any individual related by blood or marriage to a person listed above are also eligible for membership.