Serving generations since 1935. Refer your family today!
Share the benefits of Credit Union membership with your family and friends, and invite them to join us!
- Locally owned by YOU, our members
- Strong supporter of the local community
- 24/7 Call Center
- Mobile App for access at your fingertips
- Over 67,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide
- And voted best Credit Union 16 years in a row!
Encourage your family and friends to join us today!
We invite you to join our Education Credit Union family!
If you are not currently an Education Credit Union member and would like to join one of the fastest-growing credit unions inThe Texas Panhandle, complete a membership application online today! Or, you can visit any of our convenient ECU branches. It only takes a minimum deposit to open your account and start enjoying the benefits and savings of an ECU membership.
When you visit ECU to become a member, either online or in one of our convenient locations, it is important that the credit union can verify your identity. Because ECU prides itself in earning the trust of each member, member privacy and security of information are paramount. The USA Patriot Act also requires financial institutions to confirm the identity of members to better protect our nation.
Items Needed to Open A New ECU Account:
Must be at least 18-years of age to open; minors must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age.
- Valid United States driver’s license, ID, or U.S. passport with your current physical address*
- Your Social Security Number
- Share Savings Account: $5 plus a one-time $1.00 membership fee**
*If any of the address information is incorrect on the current driver’s license, ID, or passport, we will need a current utility bill, auto insurance card, medical insurance card, or current paystub to verify the correct address.
**A savings account is required on all memberships. Membership fee is a one-time fee. Must be eligible for membership. See “Member Qualifications” below.
- All employees of all public, private, or parochial schools, colleges, or universities. **
- All students of all public, private, or parochial schools, colleges, or universities. **
- All individuals holding a valid Texas teaching certificate
- Home schoolers**
- Retirees receiving retirement or pension because of employment by any organization in the field of membership
- Members of Canyon ISD Council PTA, Amarillo ISD Council PTA, WTAMU Alumni Association, and Bushland ISD Council PTA
- Certified day-care workers in Potter and Randall counties
- Spouses of eligible persons who died while in the field of membership
- Employees of District 4 of the Texas Department of Transportation*
- Any blood or legal relative of anyone who is eligible for membership
- Anyone living, working, attending church, or school within 10 miles of any of our locations
*Potter, Randall, Armstrong, Carson, Dallam, Sherman, Hansford, Ochiltree, Lipscomb, Hartley, Moore, Hutchinson, Roberts, Hemphill, Gray, Deaf Smith, Donley, and Oldham
**Potter, Randall, Armstrong, Carson, Donley, Oldham, Texas is eligible for membership as well as any individual related by blood or marriage to a person listed above are also eligible for membership.
Thank you in advance for helping ECU protect the identity of its members and to protect each of our members’ personal information.