Education Credit Union (ECU) will not release members’ financial information other than by (a) legitimate request or disclosure to a credit reporting agency; (b) a subpoena, summons issued by a court or governmental agency or otherwise necessitated by a court process; (c) a search warrant issued by a court or governmental agency; or (d) if we receive a written request from a member.
ECU will not provide member information (e.g. names, addresses, or telephone numbers) to nonapproved companies seeking to offer their products and services to our members.
Based on our commitment to our members, we have put the following procedures and policies in effect:
- ECU collects, retains, and uses information about our members only as a business necessity to provide products and services directly offered by ECU.
- ECU limits access to our members’ personal information to those employees on a “need to know” business basis.
- ECU has personnel policies in effect to ensure we protect our members’ confidentiality and privacy.
- ECU maintains high levels of security standards and procedures to ensure there will be no unauthorized access to our information records about our members.
- ECU maintains members’ privacy when a vendor provides a product or service for our members (such as check printing).
- ECU Board of Directors and management are committed to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of the members of ECU.